A few hours back, Apple released iOS 4.3.5 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. We mentioned that devices susceptible to the Limera1n bootrom exploit will be able to be jailbroken on iOS 4.3.5. Following is the guide on how to jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using redsn0w.
Prominent member of the iPhone Dev Team, MuscleNerd has also confirmed that it is indeed possible to jailbreak iOS 4.3.5. It is going to be a tethered jailbreak, meaning that whenever it is required for you to reboot your device, it has to been connected to the computer for a tethered boot. Otherwise, it will just get stuck on the Apple logo and won't boot up until and unless you boot tethered using a computer and the very same redsn0w software you used to jailbreak it. So the files that you download for the jailbreak are to be kept safe as those very same files, the iOS 4.3.5 ipsw and redsn0w for your Windows or Mac machine, will also be used to boot tethered. Keep in mind that this procedure does not work on the iPad 2.
A word of advice for our friends who rely on a software unlock for their iPhones. You must not, we repeat, must not upgrade to iOS 4.3.5 or even iOS 4.3.4 for that matter. Your baseband will be upgraded and you shall not be able to use cellular services on iOS 4.3.5. Stay away from stock firmware.
Jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 Tethered on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch:
Step 1: Download both iOS 4.3.4 and iOS 4.3.5 ipsw for your iDevice. You will need the iOS 4.3.4 ipsw.
Step 2: Download the latest public version of iTunes, followed by downloading the recently released redsn0w 0.9.8 beta 4 for both Windows and Mac.
Step 3: Extract the redsn0w folder. Launch redsn0w on your computer. If you are running Windows 7 or Vista, make sure to do the following procedure before you run redsn0w.
- Right click on redsn0w.exe and click on Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows XP Service Pack 3 from the drop down menu
- Check Run this program as an administrator down in the Privilege Level.
- Click Apply followed by Ok
- Press and hold the Power button for around three seconds
- Press and hold both the Power and Home buttons for up to 10 seconds
- Release Power button but keep on holding Home button until redsn0w starts injecting the Limera1n bootrom exploit.